Valentine’s Day heart cookies
I love Valentine’s Day and I always make it a point to celebrate even in the smallest way. I also have a sweet tooth that I seem to have passed along to my daughters, so in my house any reason is a good reason to bake some cookies.
This Valentine’s Day, I wanted to add a chocolaty taste to a plain oatmeal cookie recipe. Here is the delicious result. I hope you enjoy some with your family and friends this Valentine’s Day.
- 1 1/2 cups of oats
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of yogurt (natural)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of dried raisins
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a big bowl mix the oatmeal, wheat flour and baking powder. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar with the eggs, then add the yogurt, oil, and the vanilla essence and mix well
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until combined. Mix in the raisins and the chocolate chips
- Use a wooden spoon to scoop out chunks of mixture that you will mold into hearts then place on a cookie sheet. You can also use a heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Bake the cookie hearts for 20 minutes or until golden
Happy Valentine’s Day!