Lunch bag snack: Healthy carrot muffins
This is a great recipe for a healthy treat to slip into the kids’ lunch bags or to have ready for them when they come home from school. It’s super easy and fast to make and is healthier than regular muffins since it doesn’t contain any butter. I’m sure anyone, young or old would love to get these as a special treat so go ahead and make them for those special people in your life
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup of cooking oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of shredded carrots
- the zest of 1/2 lemon
- the zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 cups of ground In Snax cinnamon pita crisps
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place paper liners in a mini muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- In a mixer mix the oil and the sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, then add the carrots, zests and all the dry ingredients.
- Divide the batter evenly into the muffin pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness.
- While the muffins are cooking, make the topping by putting the In Snax crisps in a food processor and blending until the mix is almost powdery.
- Place the In Snax crumbs in a bowl and the honey in another bowl.
- Once the muffins are cooked and cooled dip the tops in the honey then in the crumbs to coat.