Fun kids spring craft
Easter Sunday is always full of fun and games in my household but I am usually not the one who puts it all together.
This year was a bit different since I decided to have an egg hunt in my backyard for my girls and their friends. Although it was fun and exciting for the kids, I was left with a bunch of chocolate, baskets and other materials that we did not use for our egg hunt.
With yesterday being a holiday, rather than have my girls watch TV all day and “veg out”, I decided to put on another hunt but this time, I gathered all the leftover chocolate, some craft materials and separated them in different baskets for them to find. They needed to find 2 baskets (with matching ribbon) to work on the designated craft. You can do this particular activity at any time of the year, not just on Easter Monday. It would be a great way to celebrate spring!
What you need:
- 4 baskets or bags (2 for each craft)
- Pick out 2 different crafts to make (something that they can do themselves if possible) and write down or print out the instructions
- The tools and materials to create the crafts
- 4 ribbons (2 of the same colour)
- Put the instructions in 2 different baskets with some of the materials for each craft.
- Put the remaining materials in the 2 other baskets (with some chocolate). Tie the same colour ribbons to the baskets with the materials for the same craft.
- Hide the baskets wherever you wish and let the hunt begin.
- Once the kids find the 2 matching baskets, they can start with their craft.
Have fun hunting and crafting!
NOTE: this works best if the kids already know how to read or you can create teams if you have more than 2 kids.