Kids Crafts: Potato stamps
I love to spend time with children, especially my little cousins! Kids energy is just so contagious and they are always a pleasure to be around. But sometimes, you just want a create an activity that is, let’s say, quieter! This easy craft promises to be a lot of fun for everyone because kids can choose a theme, shapes and colors for their craft. It will open up their mind to creativity and you can help build in a story. At the end of the day, everyone will have had the time of their life!
- Potatoes cut in halves (as many as you wish)
- Kids paint (preferably washable and non-toxic gouaches)
- Little paint brushes
- White or colored cardboard
- Little knife
- Paper towels
- Blot the potatoes cut surface with a paper towel until it’s dry
- Take the potato halves and shape the inside as you wish (it can be hearts, a face, stars, letters…)
- Blot again your potatoes surface
- Choose your colors and with a paint brush, brush the potatoes’ surface so that the paint covers all of it
- Stamp it against the cardboard as you like and create your piece of art!
There you are! Have a great time!