Kids craft: homemade wallpaper
I cherish every moment I spend with my little cousins. I especially love when we decide to create something from scratch without knowing what the result will be. We have a blast starting from nothing and realizing that we are really fine artists! Here is one of our favorite craft: A story to make. This time, we chose “under the sea” but you can pick any theme you want to create a beautiful wallpaper story.
- gouaches (various colors)
- white glue
- tissue paper (various colors)
- fabric tassels
- liquid paper
- aluminum paper
- colored construction paper
Tips: Here is the the time to recycle all of your tissue paper from previous gifts wraps, you always have those tossed in a bag!
- Pat the gouache as you wish to create the back of the wall
- Spread the glue and sprinkle sand everywhere you want it to be
- As you create your story, shape forms and fill them in with tissue papers
- Create movement and texture with different materials
- Use the tassels to make urchins
- Put liquid paper on the mica to create a different surface for a jelly fish
- With tissue paper you can make a mussel ( don’t forget the pearl inside)
The trick is really to let your imagination run! Anything goes!
Let me know what theme you have chosen.