Kid-friendly snack: fun fruit skewers
How do you entertain the kids and entice them to eat their fruit, all in one breath? With funny fruit skewers that they can make themselves of course!
This is an especially great idea in the summer when there’s an abundance of colourful fruit everywhere. It’s easy to make, it will keep the kids occupied and will entice them to eat some of the fruit.
You will need:
- Fruit (strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, star fruit, kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon
- Cookie cutters
- Melon baller
- A cutting board
- A knife
- Bamboo skewers
- Use the cookie cutters (star, heart, etc.) to cut the pineapple and watermelon into different shapes
- Slice the star fruit, strawberries and kiwi
- Use the melon baller to make small balls with the cantaloupe and honeydew
- Have the kids thread all the different fruit through a bamboo skewer
Serve with a side of In Snax cinnamon crisps for even more fun!
Note: You can add cubes of cheese and/or soft candy to the mix and you can also dip some of the fruit pieces in chocolate and freeze for a few minutes before skewering them