Pan Seared Spring Salmon Fillet with In Cuisin Asparagus and Pea Risotto
Yesterday, Christine Cushing made an appearance on CTV News Kitchener where she made a fresh and quick recipe using In Cuisin Asparagus and Pea Risotto to welcome the spring season! You can check out the video here (click on “features” in the right hand panel). I am happy to share that very recipe with you on this blog today. I hope you’ll make it to welcome spring into your kitchen! Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Easter to all our Greek fans!
Pan Seared Spring Salmon Fillet with In Cuisin Asparagus and Pea Risotto (serves 4)
Recipe by Christine Cushing
- 4 (5 oz.) pieces salmon fillet, cut on the diagonal (½-3/4” thickness)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil (30 ml)
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped dill (30 ml)
- 2 packages In Cuisin Asparagus and Pea Risotto
- 8 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Fresh sprigs of dill for garnish
- Season salmon with salt and freshly cracked black pepper and sprinkle with chopped dill and grated lemon zest.
- Heat olive oil on medium in a large skillet. Sear salmon, about 3 minutes per side, or until golden on both sides. Cover, reduce heat to low and continue to cook until just pink in middle, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, cook the risotto over medium heat, stirring often until creamy and hot, about 4-5 minutes. Serve salmon with risotto on the side and garnish with fresh dill and grape tomatoes.