Recipe: Quick Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
Good Monday morning everyone! Last Thursday, I mentioned on this blog celebrity chef Christine Cushing’s appearance on Canada AM. She mentioned how much she liked the In Cuisin risotto and made a recipe for Quick Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya using the In Cuisin tomato & basil risotto. I am pleased to share that recipe with you today. I hope you’ll give it a try!
Quick Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya
Recipe by Christine Cushing
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (15 ml)
- 1 spicy sausage, casing removed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- Pinch chile flakes
- ½ tsp. sweet paprika (2.5 ml)
- 12 shrimp, peeled, cleaned with tail on – optional
- 2 packages In Cuisin Pomodoro (tomato) risotto
- Handful chopped fresh Italian flat leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium setting. Brown sausage meat for 3 minutes, stirring often to evenly cook. Add the red pepper, celery, chile flakes, paprika and shrimp, if using. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, and shrimp are cooked, about 3 -4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove shrimp to a plate and reserve.
- Return skillet to heat and add the In Cuisin tomato & basil risotto and cook stirring to soften rice and heat through, about 4- 5 minutes. Add back shrimp and sprinkle with a handful of chopped parsley and serve with wedges of lemon.