Barbecue week starts with lamb burgers with feta and tzatziki
It’s barbecue week this week on the blog and what a perfect way to celebrate summer! Grilling is my favourite cooking method in the summer and I thought it would be nice to share a few of my favourite recipes with you this week. I am starting with a very delicious and different Greek-flavoured burger recipe made with lamb instead of beef and topped with feta and tangy tzatziki sauce. It is absolutely delicious and will become one of your favourites guaranteed!
Please feel free to share some of yours in the comments below, I’d love to get some new recipe ideas and barbecue tips!
Lamb burger with feta and tzatziki
- 1 lb minced lamb
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 Tbsp capers, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint or fresh dill
- 4 hamburger buns or small Greek-style pita breads
- 1lb Greek-style yogurt
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, deseeded and grated
- 2 (or more) garlic clove, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 bags of In Snax sea salt crisps
- Feta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves or fresh dill
- Mix all the burger ingredients together and shape into 4 patties without pressing too much on the meat. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Heat your grill on medium and grill your burgers.
- While your burgers are bring refrigerated, make the tzatziki by mixing all the ingredients together. Reserve in the refrigerator until use.
Grill your bread if you desire. Place your meat inside your bread, top with the feta and any of the other garnishes. Drizzle some tzatziki and serve with a side of In Snax crisps. Serve the rest of the tzatziki on the side so your guests can help themselves if they want.