Lazy long weekend brunch plus a baked egg and potato recipe
I love long weekends! In fact, I wish all weekends were 3 days long! I feel like it’s the ideal amount of time to really relax, unwind and enjoy family and friends. So one of these rare weekends comes along, I take full advantage of it. I take long walks with the dogs, spend time with friends, maybe even enjoy a picnic with my fiancé. I also always try and have friends and family over for brunch. I find it’s the ideal meal to enjoy leisurely and you have the rest of the day to spend time with everyone. Brunch is also an ideal meal to have the kids be a part of.
I don’t fret too much about the brunch menu. It is easy to put together a beautiful table with fresh fruit platters, flaky pastries, delicious breads, cheeses and smoked salmon. However, I always try and make an egg dish, because what is more quintessential then eggs for brunch?
Baked eggs are easy to make. You can’t really mess them up and you don’t have to watch them too closely. You can also make a big quantity of eggs so that more people can enjoy them. I always vary my baked eggs and I can get very creative but in this instance, I wanted to stick to the basics. Eggs and potatoes are a classic brunch item and that’s what I tried to recreate here. I hope you enjoy your long weekend!
- 2 bags of In Cuisin butter and cream mash potatoes
- Eggs (as many as you’d like)
- Fresh herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the mash potatoes according to the instructions on the bag
- Place the potatoes in a non-stick pan
- Crack the eggs on top of the potatoes and sprinkle with sale, pepper and frech herbs
- Place in the over for 5 minutes or until it’s cooked to your liking