Recipe: Moroccan eggplant dip
We are happy to have Sofia Shendi as our collaborator today on the blog. Sofia is the editor of Food and Drinks in Montreal, a blog that features reviews about restaurants and bars in Montreal but also travel journals about food discovered and tried around the world.
I was introduced to the In Snax and In Cuisin products a while ago and I’ve always appreciated the variety and the quick help for a complete and delicious meal on a busy week. Plus, all the ingredients are natural and it becomes very important when it comes to processed food.
In Foods asked me to come up with a recipe and I quickly thought of the delicious Moroccan eggplant dip my mom used to make with eggplants. My sister and I used to eat it all the time with pita bread. I find it fits perfectly with the In Snax Sea Salt pita crisps or the Multigrain & Garden Herbs pita crisps!
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
- 3-4 tbsp. of crushed tomatoes
- 2 big eggplants chopped in cubes
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pour about 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a pan and add the eggplants
- Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes and stir frequently so the eggplants don’t stick to the bottom (you might need to add a little bit more olive oil)
- Once the eggplant cubes look almost ready, add the spices, the parsley, the crushed tomatoes and a little bit of water to turn the mixture into a sauce
- Cook for another 5 minutes until eggplants are done
- Let cool on the stove and place in a glass container for the refrigerator
That’s it, it takes about 10 minutes or less to get all the ingredients ready and 15 more minutes to cook the mix.
I like to let it cool for 30 minutes minimum before eating it but you can also try it warm.