Brunch at my house and a baked egg recipe
Last Sunday I hosted a brunch at my new apartment for my family and friends. I really enjoy hosting brunches because they are less formal than dinner and can be easily prepared. I always put out a big platter of cheeses, veggies and fruits, some bowls of In Snax pita crisps, a few pastries, a beautiful bouquet of flowers at the center of the table and I let everyone serve themselves and mingle very informally. It allows for people to feel more comfortable and to be able to move around the room and chat with several of their friends.
I usually also make a baked egg recipe because eggs are the quintessential brunch item. Baked eggs are easy to make and don’t have to be watched or fussed over. Here’s my easy recipe for Greek baked eggs.
- 6 eggs
- Some fresh herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, etc.) chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pitted and chopped Kalamata olives
- Salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- Olive oil
- Turn your oven’s broiler on
- Oil a non-stick all metal or glass pan generously
- Carefully break your eggs one by one and pour them into the pan without breaking the yolks
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, paprika, the fresh herbs, the olives and the feta cheese
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until the white of the eggs is cooked
Serve with bread or In Snax pita crisps to dip in. Try these great tips this coming weekend to gather your loved ones at your house and let me know how it goes. Happy brunching!