Apples apples everywhere
It’s apple picking season and what better activity can any parent dream of than to go apple picking with their kiddos? I love going apple picking with my daughters because it’s an awesome yearly family and friends time and has almost become a tradition for my girls. I also love to see my girls interact with nature specially for us a city dwellers.
And an apple picking adventure is not complete without a trip to the kitchen to make some apple sauce, which you can then slip into your kids lunch boxes with some In Snax cinnamon crisps for a healthy and delicious snack. Here is an easy and kid-friendly recipe that I love to use:
- 3 or 4 lbs of peeled, cored and diced apples
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 of white sugar
- 4 tbs of lemon juice
- a couple of strips of lemon peel
- 1/3 of a cinnamon stick
- 1/2 a table spoon of salt
- Put all ingredients into a large pot, then cover the pot. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove cinnamon sticks and lemon peels. Mash the apples and enjoy!
Note: You can add other spices like cloves, ginger or star anise to the mix if you’d like