10 time-saving tips in the kitchen
We are all so busy these days an every minute of our day is precious. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you save some of those precious minutes so you can spend more time with your loved ones.
- Keep a big bowl on your counter and use it to put away all your peels etc. while cooking instead of running back and forth to the garbage bin
- Clean, peel and chop a whole bunch of veggies on Sunday night and store them in air tight Tupperware. That way you will have fresh veggies to munch on all week
- Freeze your freshly squeezed lemon juice and your fresh copped herbs in ice cube trays then in Ziploc bags once frozen. Throw in one or a couple of cubes in your meal when needed.
- Make a meal plan for the week (or even for the month) and a shopping list and go shopping once a week list in hand so you’re not tempted to buy more than needed
- If you’re pressed for time in the morning, make a healthy oatmeal breakfast for the week by following this recipe or pack up some of this homemade granola in little Ziploc bags to grab and munch on on the go
- For an easy start to the week, bake or roast a couple of different proteins on Sunday night, like these easy pork chops or these rolled and stuffed chicken breasts. Serve them with your favourite flavour of In Cuisin risotto ready in 2 minutes for an easy mid-week dinner
- Cut pieces of meat into smaller pieces or pound them until thin for a quicker cooking time
- Sharpen your knives often. A sharp knife will save you precious time when chopping and mincing
- Mise en place will save you time. Mise en place means preparing all your ingredients ahead of time: chopping your vegetables, proteins, herbs and placing them in separate bowls so that everything is ready once the cooking process starts
- Get organized! An organized kitchen where it is easy to find everything you’re looking for will save you time and avoid frustrations while cooking
Tell me dear readers, do you have any time-saving tips in the kitchen?