Home-made granola, to start the week right
It’s Monday and we are all struggling with deadlines and things that need to get done asap. To start the week right, why not make a healthy granola that you’ll be able to snack on all week long at the office, school or at home before dinner is ready.
This no-cook granola is super easy to make, rich in fiber, low in fat and you can use things you have on hand or buy some of your favourite dried fruit and nuts to mix into it.
- In Snax pita cinnamon crisps, enough to make 1/2 cup of crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- Your favourite dried fruit (enough to make 2 cups in total): raisins, cranberries, dried mango, apricots, pineapple, coconut, etc.
- Your favourite nuts (enough to make 1 cup in total): hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, etc.
- Some grains and seeds for extra fiber (optional, a couple of tablespoons): flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Grind the In Snax crisps into a coarse crumb. Mix with the oil until crumbs form. Reserve.
- Cut the dried fruit into a small dice
- Toast and coarsely chop the nuts
- Mix everything together and serve on top of yogurt, mixed with a fruit salad or by itself as a snack.
Note: You can replace the oil with melted butter for a more decadent granola mix