Easy berry jam
One of the joys of summer is having access to fresh berries all summer long. These jewel coloured little bundles of flavor are some of my favourtie snack. I even freeze them and use them as ice cubes in water and lemonades or to add to my smoothies.
Another way I love using berries is to make quick jams that I can enjoy on my In Snax cinnamon crirps in the morning. I know that nothing but natural ingredients have gone into them with a little bit of love of course!
- 2 pounds of mixed berries (you can also make this with one kind of berry only)
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar (more if your berries are not very sweet)
- 2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- Mix the berries and the sugar in a large bowl and let them macerate for about an hour or until the sugar is mostly dissolved
- Put your berries and lemon juice in a pot over high heat and bring to a boil while stirring constantly
- Turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking for about 25 minutes or until the mixture has thickened
- Ladle into mason jars and store in the refrigerator for about 3 months